Data Conversion and Migration Services
Quayle Consulting Inc. performs unique data services, including:
- Reading floppies and tapes for use on modern Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
- Migrating customer data from legacy systems to virtual disks for use with the CHARON emulators.
- Conversion of floating point data into open formats, such as IEEE 754.
- Conversion of VMS 64-bit date values into open formats.
- Conversion of RT-11 and other PDP-11 format floppies.
- Rebuild of boot sectors from improper OpenVMS backups.
Quayle Consulting can accept the following media:
- 8 inch, 5-1/4 inch and 3.5 inch OpenVMS, DOS, Windows, Unix and Linux floppy disks
- Linux format and VMS format CD-ROM and DVD
- 3-1/2 inch magneto-optical (MO) disk
- 8-bit and 16-bit StorageWorks disk unit
- 50-pin and 68-pin SCSI disk, no enclosure
- IDE disk, no enclosure
- 9-track tape, including 800, 1600, and 6250 BPI
- DLT Tape formats: DLTape IV (DLT-IV), DLTape III (DLT-III)
- DEC Tape formats:
- TK50 (CompacTape)
- TK70 (CompacTape III)
- TZ30; TZ85; TZ86; TZ87
- 8 mm (Sony QG-112M)
- 1/4 inch ("quarter inch") cartridge (DEC TZK10)
- Iomega Ditto 2 GB tapes:
- QIC-3020 Wide (3020XLF)
- QIC-3020 (3020XL)
- QIC-80 Wide (5122)
- QIC-80XL (2120XL)
- QIC-80 (2080 or 2120)
We cannot read:
- Apple Mac disks
- CP/M disks
- Disks that have "hard sectors', such as IBM word processor disks
Quotes are for disks and tapes created with standard backup utilities. Non-standard backup software will require research on a time-and-materials basis.
For more information or a free consultation, click on the button below to contact Quayle Consulting.