Virtual PDP-11: PDP-11 Emulation, PDP-11 Migration and
A PDP-11 can be virtualized (emulated) on a modern computer, which
operating system, its software, and
to be run without change. No
reprogramming is required. Most customers report that the
emulated system is faster than the original. Original hardware
modern PCI card.
Quayle Consulting can also emulate AlphaServer,
Sparc, and VAX systems.
CHARON-PDP can emulate the following systems:
for various peripherals, including:
See the Software
Product Description for the full list. Requires a host
running Windows Server 2003 or Windows
XP. All versions of
PDP-11 operating systems are supported.
For more information, please email
or call 1-888-VAX-VMS-8
(1-888-829-8678) toll-free in US and Canada.
- Disk controllers: RQDX3 (MSCP), UDA50 (MSCP), RL11, RLV12
- Tape controllers: TQK50, TS11, TSV11, TSV05, TUK50
- Network adapters: DELQA, DESQA, DEQNA
- Video subsystem: VCB02
- Parallel port controller: LPV11
- Serial line controllers: DHV11, DL11, DLV-11, DRV1-WA, DZ11
information on your system:
Evaluation and migration support is available from Quayle Consulting.
These operating systems were sold by DEC for PDP-11:
Other operating systems were developed for PDP-11:
There may have been others developed for special purposes,
too. CHARON-PDP should be able to run all of them.
Government? Click here!
Who the heck is CHARON?
Quayle Consulting Inc.
provides a complete menu of services, including:
- System migration and replacement using
virtualization technology, including Sparc,
AlphaServer and AlphaStation, and
- Analysis, reporting, and courtroom testimony as a licensed Professional
- Software design, development and
- Administration of OpenVMS (VMS) and Linux systems
- Disk and tape recovery
- Network design and support
- Conversion of VAX/VMS software to work on
AlphaServer, Itanium, and Intel OpenVMS systems
- Technical support for the SID Change,
Quayle Consulting in the news
Quayle Consulting information
OpenVMS is a trademark of Hewlett-Packard.
CHARON-VAX and CHARON-AXP are trademarks of Stromasys.
Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation, USA.